Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Gideons Birth story

Gideon was born on Sunday Feb. 3rd at 6:54 am. He weighed 7lbs 13 oz and 20 1/4 in. long.  I will give a shorter version. We got to the hospital at 3 something in the morning with steady contractions.  I was put in a triage room. I was soon checked and was at a 7 they quickly put me in a room as I go fast and I am strep b positive.  when we heard that I was at a 7 Seth and I looked at each other and thought this is going to go quick, well it do go somewhat quick but not as quick at we were thinking.  The time went on I got one dose of  penicillin  went to walk around for a while about a half hr I think.  Contractions were  getting closer together.   I was also having some back labor too.  I started praying for strength and for things to hurry up by this point.  I kept waiting to feel the urge to push and So I could have them get my doctor who was just down the hall resting.   I asked my nurse to check me cause it stung but I still was not feeling like I had to push she told me that as soon as she gets me back on the monitors  and I told her CHECK ME NOW!!. She did and I was at a 9 and baby really low. She hit the call button to get another nurse to check too as she wasn't too sure then she said forget it get the doctor instead. Another nurse came in as it was close to shift change.  Shortly after the other nurse came in I said my water broke with in I would say a couple  min. the next thing I said was baby's coming  and he slid out into this big world. The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times. I did not know this until after they got it unwrapped. It was a really long umbilical cord.   When I say slid into this world he literally did as I did not push at all. To give you an idea of how quick things went my doctor did not make it in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment