Monday, September 8, 2014
Rauha's birth and postpartum preeclampsia
On August 8th (Friday) Seth and I headed to the hospital to be induced. the did an ultrasound to check baby's position and find baby's heart beat. they did the ultrasound to cheat and cause I had mentioned that the baby was breech at 37 weeks and on Tuesday the 5th baby was head down.. and was still head down on the 8th. while waiting for contractions to get stronger. I was thinking things are not going as quick as they usually do for me. well after several hrs my doctor came in and checked me to see if he could break my water. he says that doesn't feel like no head to me. so they do another ultrasound and sure enough she had flipped and was breech. We decided to do an eversion. (manually have baby turned) I don't know if I would do it again they hurt so bad and I ended up with a big bruise on my stomach. many nurses were surprised that he was not able to turn our baby. One nurse told me he is the king of eversions. when that didn't work I was monitored for a while then I walked around hoping she would flip.. she didn't. we decided to go home hope she would turn.
Saturday afternoon went to the hospital did a nst and ultrasound she was still breech. back home
Monday @2pm went to the clinic my doctor was not working so I saw another doctor baby was still breech she checked me and I was 4cm she said that she is sending me to the hospital she doesn't feel safe about sending me home. she was worried about my water breaking the cord coming before baby (not a good thing). I had gone to the clinic by myself. I went to the hospital and was monitored for quite sometime. I was told nothing would happen until after 8 pm. Seth was dropped off. After being poked 8 times they finally got an IV in. baby was monitored for a while longer. I was then able to get off the monitor. I spent the rest of the time doing diff. positions to see if baby would turn. after 8 I went back to the O.R. the plan was to get and epidural try an eversion again and have a vaginal birth. If they were not able to turn her then c-section. The eversion was successful but baby ended up being stressed so her heart rate dropped then it started coming back up. The doctor checked me and said I was at 6 cm but she could feel either a foot or a hand by the head and her heart rate started to drop again. Suddenly I am hearing your having a c-section and the room became quite busy. At 9:34 pm Rauha Grace was brought into this world weighing 6lbs 3 oz and 19 3/4 inches long. Her cord was wrapped around her neck and her feet so she was folded in half. She was in shock but they just had to rub her back and she was fine. Even though we knew that a c-section may happen it was considered an emergency one. The csection was horrible I was told that I would feel some tugging and pulling but i felt so much more. I could tell when they were cutting it didn't hurt thank goodness. after she was born I started feeling anxious and I wanted to move my legs so bad and started crying I want to move and they were like don't move. I felt so much pressure after she was born that I thought they had taken everything out and then they were pushing it all through my bottom. It felt like forever. When Rauha was born the first thing the doctor says is she's bald. I did not hold her until I was transferred to a hospital bed. I spent 2 hrs in recovery and I felt miserable My legs were so numb that they felt like lead weights. I was very anxious and I got the shakes very bad. I was finally brought to my room where I attempted to sleep but had a hard time. I am not used having my baby's in my hospital room with me most have been in special care nursery do to low blood sugar. Rauha's blood sugar was tested several times for 12 hrs she passed.:) The next morning I had a hard time keeping water down. I didn't feel nauseous but burpy and then I would puke. so they had to start and iv fluids. I tried to sleep but they had put those white cuffs on my legs and the sound of them drove me crazy and they made my legs sweaty and itchy. I finally had enough and asked if I could have them taken off I also asked if I could change positions. I also stood up for a few minutes. when I got those cuffs off I as able to sleep for a while and when I woke up a felt better and was able to keep some crackers and broth down. later on on Tuesday they removed the catheter. the only pain I had was stinging when I walked the nurses were quite amazed that I was not in pain. I was given pain meds every 8 hrs (i think). I was told I would go home on Thursday. On Wednesday I asked my doctor when I would go home and he said I don't see why you can't go home today I was quite surprised. He said your up and walking and doing good. So after 8 that evening we heading home. Recovery at home was mentally harder on me then physically. I am used to being able to go after having a baby. trying to tell a one yr old that I can't lift him up isn't easy. it was hard physically too. I spent several nights sleeping in the lazy boy.
Saturday August 16th I went for my postpartum check up. My blood pressure was high so the nurse called the on call doctor for the Vancouver clinic I was told to go the hospital where I ended up being admitted. My blood pressure kept getting higher. I had no symptoms they like head ache, blurry vision I felt fine. The doctor said my blood pressure was scary high. she called it postpartum preeclampsia. one was 177/104. We had been there for several hrs before they started treatment. my apt was at 10. at 4 they started the magnesium sulfate I had to be on that for 24 hrs. I was on that to prevent seizures. I was also put on blood pressure meds too that I amstill taking. This was my actual due date.
Me and IV's don't get along. On Friday it took only two times which is amazing. On Monday it took eight times and they had have IV specialist come and do it. My arms were so bruised. On Saturday my nurse looked at my arms got warm towels and called IV specialist she didn't even try . the specialist came she tried once and then she got the ultrasound machine and started an iv that way.
yes we knew we were having a girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment