Friday, July 22, 2011

Patience Ellen's birth story.

On July 1st I went to my appointment with the whole family along I normally go by myself as they get quite late. Seth had somethings to do at the church and he had promised me earlier in the week that I could go shopping so he watched the boys at the church.. its a good thing I went shopping. Like I said earlier my apt. can go late and this one did it was around 11:30 when I saw my doctor I didn't see him too long as he had to go deliver a baby. he checked me and I was at a 3 and the head was pretty much right there. was told the he could touch the head. next thing I know we are talking about if we should go home or not since we live an hr away and I go quick. I was feeling really bad because Kyle and Julie were suppose to watch the boys and I had told them that it would be OK for them to go to Dole Valley cause I didn't think I would be having the baby until 6Th when I was going to be induced. At a 11 at night Seth is calling his sister Lisa and asking her to take the boys... so thankful that they didn't go to Dole Valley. Seth brought the boys over there and then came back to the clinic where we spent several hrs visiting with Estella ( doctor wife) being monitored and walking around. Seth took a nap. I couldn't sleep. Doctor came back and checked me again and said its time to the hospital. on the ride there I remember thinking that Seth was driving really slow. Contractions were starting to really pick up . We get to the hospital and at first they were going to just put me in a triage (sp) room until I said that I was told that I was going to be having this baby today. We are now into July 2ND. Get to room put on the lovely gown. I kept on thinking they need to hurry up at get the iv in as I was strep b positive. I was checked at was at 6 and was told a bunch of other info didn't pay attention to it. Anesthesiologist came in and asked me about epidural. I declined was tempting but my last one I got I was at a 5 and a minute or 2 after they got it in Reuben was born. Well my wonderful nurse go the iv in on her second try this is great. and told me that I would have to wait an hr before I could get an epidural this sealed the deal for sure that there would be no epidural. Contractions were getting worse. I started praying things to hurry up and for strength. I had so much pressure but didn't feel the need to push. was check again and still at a 6. I wish I knew the times I asked for something for the pain to at least take the edge off. I got something as was asked if it was helping my reply still recovering from last contraction. For some reason I had about a 3 min break before my next contraction and when the one came I had to push. I think my nursed asked if I had to push or said something not very clear on that though. Note my water still had not broken. the nurse check me and what we will call the controlled panic set in. She had Seth grab the table that was near the door hit the call button for my doctor to come and for other nurses to come. Patience entered this world a not so normal way. she was born in amniotic sac. she was born in a bubble that's how Seth said it. My nurse ended up delivering our first baby girl who was born at 426 am weighing 8lbs 3 oz and 20 in long she spent the whole time in the special nursery due to low blood sugar and was put on antibiotics as a precaution since I did not receive the whole dosage of antibiotic for strep b before she was born... There is more that I prob could add but this will do

No comments:

Post a Comment