This is my journey through 3 miscarriages and 2 live births I have been want to share my story for quite sometime. this post may takes a while to complete so please bare with me.
Just before our 1st yr anniversary we found out that we were going to have a baby. We travel hwy 101 to the red woods. I had spotted once but didn't think too much about it because it stopped. When we returned home I had an ultrasound only to find out that we had lost our baby I was 9 weeks. On April 1st I felt as though I had the worst April fools joke played on me my body was letting go of our baby. I don't think I will ever forget the pain. It was over 2 yrs later in September of 2005 We found out that we were expecting again we were both excited and scared. The day after Thanksgiving I had started spotting and Seth was gone to Canada. I just knew something wasn't right Seth got back on Sat. I called My Doctor and went to the Hospital Lab Sunday morning to see what my levels were. That night the bleeding started picking up and I knew what was happening. I remember the pain from my first miscarriage and I didn't want to feel it so I had Seth take me the ER. Wasn't a pleasant experience . it was really late or should I say really early Mon morning. The ER DR. treated me like I didn't know what I was talking about when he asked me why I was there. I am not sure how many day later I went to see my Doctor I thought the bleeding had decrease quite a bit but it hadn't My doctor ended doing a partial D&C that was the worst pain I had ever felt. I really didn't understand what it meant to be depressed until after my first miscarriage and really felt it after the second one. Knowing that my babies were in Heaven and by the strength of our Heavenly father truly helped me. In June of 2006 I found that I was expecting again and boy was I a ball of mixed emotions. we felt as long as I make it past the 9 week mark I can breath a little. That is how far I was when I lost my first two. I went in between 7 and 8 weeks for an ultrasound when we saw our little baby and were shown the little heart beating Seth and I couldn't help but showing our emotions and letting the tears fall. For 12 weeks I had to take prometrim it is progesterone it wasn't the easiest pill to take you didn't take it as you would normally take a pill. I found that I really enjoy being pregnant. Right around Thanksgiving I found out that I had gestational diabetes I ended up having to deal with 2 Dr on this issue wasn't fun at all. My 3rd trimester was not enjoyable at all. checking my blood sugar, numbers not being good enough for one DR, going on oral meds didn't help, yep had to go on insulin poking myself with needles 6 times a day I no longer have a fear of needles. Oh and how can I forget all the ultrasounds for the last 3 weeks I had 2 a week. Was neat to see our baby but quite pricey. they did Bio physical where the baby practices breathing. Just a note the Dr that I went to for ultrasound and mainly kept an eye on my numbers was not my primary. On February 10Th 2007 I gave birth to Zedekiah Edward. I had an epidural, but I was able to tell when to push that is the strangest feeling. I remember being so sick of feeling like I had to go to the bathroom that when I got the green light to really push and one push is all it took. aww instant relief. Zedekiah ended up having low blood sugar and was in the nursery most of the time not enjoyable at all. WE did know That we were having a boy. was told or should I say shown by accident. At the end of August we were surprised to find out that we were expecting again. Unfortunately wasn't meant to be on Sept. 19th I gave birth to our 3rd angel. This miscarriage was not like the other 2. I did not cramp like I did before instead I got a really bad head ache and at the same time I started passing large clots. I went for an ultrasound to make sure I had indeed miscarried I knew I had but sometimes you want to hold onto a little hope. a couple days later I went to the hospital to get my blood drawn to have hormone levels checked. I decided to do a little shopping was feeling physically good and Zedekiah was with Grandma M. I went to Shopko and while I was there I stared cramping and could tell my bleeding had picked up from not really bleeding at all. I quickly paid for my stuff and headed to the car. by this time I was in quite a bit of pain but I could manage. I called Seth to let him know . (He was in Quincy at the time it is almost 2 hrs away. we were living there at the time. but our Dr was in Pasco.) I then called my Dr to let him know. He had me go to the ER. by the time I got there I was in very little pain and actually felt funny about being. The ER experience was much better the Er DR. and nurses were wonderful I was at a diff hospital. My Dr came by and the plan was to have my levels checked again to see if they had dropped if they hadn't I would go for an ultra sound. My levels had dropped even though I didn't know this at the time I figured they hadn't cause they had me go for an ultra sound. after 4 hrs in the ER plans changed instead of being able to go home I was going to admitted to the Hospital and have a D&C. I was hooked up to an IV and told I couldn't eat aargh. I hadn't eaten since about 9 that morning and all I had was cereal. I was starving. I finally got to eat around 11 pm decided to do D&C the next day. this was my first night away from Zedekiah too. Everything went good and I was amazed at how quickly I went back to a normal cycle. 4 months later Found out I was pregnant again. I went to the hospital and had an early ultrasound done to make sure all is well. and all was well. I ended up having the same tech as I did with my last miscarriage she is wonderful she did a vaginal ultrasound and she tells you what she is doing. a male tech did the abdominal one. I did the progesterone pills again I went back on the diabetes diet again I ended up being borderline other wise I pretty much had it again. I didn't mind. I lost weight instead of gaining while I was pregnant. This pregnancy was quite diff compared to when I was Pg with Zedekiah. I got my first experience being kicked in the ribs, sciatic nerve. I was Scheduled to be induced on Sept 13 but my Dr called me on the 11Th to see if I wanted to be induced earlier. YES!! was what I was thinking. went in that night and was started on pit the next day and 5 am. I was already dilated 3 cm had been this for over a week. I got sick of hearing 3. the pain started picking up I was starting to cramp and feeling like I was going to puke. I could have handled the cramping but I don't do good with feeling like I was going to puke. I decided to give in an have the epidural so my nurse checked me and I was now at a 4 thinking It will be awhile I was glad I chose the epidural . I was told that it would be 20 min before I could get the epidural. when the 20 min was up I ended up with a new nurse she gave me something to shorten the pain. and was told that it would be a half hour before I could get my epidural. I went to the bathroom and found that standing felt good. I Decided to stand for a while and jokingly told my nurse that I was going to use the force of Gravity. My nurse decided she should check me but needed to know when I was checked last so she stepped out. I suddenly felt the urge to push and didn't think much of it and decided to push just a little and my water broke hit call button and hubby says think her water broke nurse runs in mind you I am still standing and hunched over. and I tell her I have to push she quickly gets me in bed and checks me and quickly hits the call button and starts listing all she needs. my room was not ready so it became crazy. I was told to push I tried not to but by this point my body had taken over. I ended delivering almost completely on my back. by the way I never did get the epidural. My Dr did not make it in time. I felt really bad and he did also but it goes to show that we are not in control. at 4:37 pm Obadiah Michael was born. I ended up having a D&C done because the membranes never came out so the Doc that delivered Obadiah had to scrap them out. I had a few nurses afterward comment so your the one who decided to go quick. I went from 4 to pushing in about an hr. You know how after they ask you number wise what your pain level is I always told them zero. I got tired of it. I told one nurse I just gave birth the other day without an epidural I can handle the minor dull cramp when I would sometimes nursed. we ended up staying in the hospital until the 14Th because Obadiah's blood sugar had dropped. He had an IV put in the top of his Head so I could nurse.
Just before our 1st yr anniversary we found out that we were going to have a baby. We travel hwy 101 to the red woods. I had spotted once but didn't think too much about it because it stopped. When we returned home I had an ultrasound only to find out that we had lost our baby I was 9 weeks. On April 1st I felt as though I had the worst April fools joke played on me my body was letting go of our baby. I don't think I will ever forget the pain. It was over 2 yrs later in September of 2005 We found out that we were expecting again we were both excited and scared. The day after Thanksgiving I had started spotting and Seth was gone to Canada. I just knew something wasn't right Seth got back on Sat. I called My Doctor and went to the Hospital Lab Sunday morning to see what my levels were. That night the bleeding started picking up and I knew what was happening. I remember the pain from my first miscarriage and I didn't want to feel it so I had Seth take me the ER. Wasn't a pleasant experience . it was really late or should I say really early Mon morning. The ER DR. treated me like I didn't know what I was talking about when he asked me why I was there. I am not sure how many day later I went to see my Doctor I thought the bleeding had decrease quite a bit but it hadn't My doctor ended doing a partial D&C that was the worst pain I had ever felt. I really didn't understand what it meant to be depressed until after my first miscarriage and really felt it after the second one. Knowing that my babies were in Heaven and by the strength of our Heavenly father truly helped me. In June of 2006 I found that I was expecting again and boy was I a ball of mixed emotions. we felt as long as I make it past the 9 week mark I can breath a little. That is how far I was when I lost my first two. I went in between 7 and 8 weeks for an ultrasound when we saw our little baby and were shown the little heart beating Seth and I couldn't help but showing our emotions and letting the tears fall. For 12 weeks I had to take prometrim it is progesterone it wasn't the easiest pill to take you didn't take it as you would normally take a pill. I found that I really enjoy being pregnant. Right around Thanksgiving I found out that I had gestational diabetes I ended up having to deal with 2 Dr on this issue wasn't fun at all. My 3rd trimester was not enjoyable at all. checking my blood sugar, numbers not being good enough for one DR, going on oral meds didn't help, yep had to go on insulin poking myself with needles 6 times a day I no longer have a fear of needles. Oh and how can I forget all the ultrasounds for the last 3 weeks I had 2 a week. Was neat to see our baby but quite pricey. they did Bio physical where the baby practices breathing. Just a note the Dr that I went to for ultrasound and mainly kept an eye on my numbers was not my primary. On February 10Th 2007 I gave birth to Zedekiah Edward. I had an epidural, but I was able to tell when to push that is the strangest feeling. I remember being so sick of feeling like I had to go to the bathroom that when I got the green light to really push and one push is all it took. aww instant relief. Zedekiah ended up having low blood sugar and was in the nursery most of the time not enjoyable at all. WE did know That we were having a boy. was told or should I say shown by accident. At the end of August we were surprised to find out that we were expecting again. Unfortunately wasn't meant to be on Sept. 19th I gave birth to our 3rd angel. This miscarriage was not like the other 2. I did not cramp like I did before instead I got a really bad head ache and at the same time I started passing large clots. I went for an ultrasound to make sure I had indeed miscarried I knew I had but sometimes you want to hold onto a little hope. a couple days later I went to the hospital to get my blood drawn to have hormone levels checked. I decided to do a little shopping was feeling physically good and Zedekiah was with Grandma M. I went to Shopko and while I was there I stared cramping and could tell my bleeding had picked up from not really bleeding at all. I quickly paid for my stuff and headed to the car. by this time I was in quite a bit of pain but I could manage. I called Seth to let him know . (He was in Quincy at the time it is almost 2 hrs away. we were living there at the time. but our Dr was in Pasco.) I then called my Dr to let him know. He had me go to the ER. by the time I got there I was in very little pain and actually felt funny about being. The ER experience was much better the Er DR. and nurses were wonderful I was at a diff hospital. My Dr came by and the plan was to have my levels checked again to see if they had dropped if they hadn't I would go for an ultra sound. My levels had dropped even though I didn't know this at the time I figured they hadn't cause they had me go for an ultra sound. after 4 hrs in the ER plans changed instead of being able to go home I was going to admitted to the Hospital and have a D&C. I was hooked up to an IV and told I couldn't eat aargh. I hadn't eaten since about 9 that morning and all I had was cereal. I was starving. I finally got to eat around 11 pm decided to do D&C the next day. this was my first night away from Zedekiah too. Everything went good and I was amazed at how quickly I went back to a normal cycle. 4 months later Found out I was pregnant again. I went to the hospital and had an early ultrasound done to make sure all is well. and all was well. I ended up having the same tech as I did with my last miscarriage she is wonderful she did a vaginal ultrasound and she tells you what she is doing. a male tech did the abdominal one. I did the progesterone pills again I went back on the diabetes diet again I ended up being borderline other wise I pretty much had it again. I didn't mind. I lost weight instead of gaining while I was pregnant. This pregnancy was quite diff compared to when I was Pg with Zedekiah. I got my first experience being kicked in the ribs, sciatic nerve. I was Scheduled to be induced on Sept 13 but my Dr called me on the 11Th to see if I wanted to be induced earlier. YES!! was what I was thinking. went in that night and was started on pit the next day and 5 am. I was already dilated 3 cm had been this for over a week. I got sick of hearing 3. the pain started picking up I was starting to cramp and feeling like I was going to puke. I could have handled the cramping but I don't do good with feeling like I was going to puke. I decided to give in an have the epidural so my nurse checked me and I was now at a 4 thinking It will be awhile I was glad I chose the epidural . I was told that it would be 20 min before I could get the epidural. when the 20 min was up I ended up with a new nurse she gave me something to shorten the pain. and was told that it would be a half hour before I could get my epidural. I went to the bathroom and found that standing felt good. I Decided to stand for a while and jokingly told my nurse that I was going to use the force of Gravity. My nurse decided she should check me but needed to know when I was checked last so she stepped out. I suddenly felt the urge to push and didn't think much of it and decided to push just a little and my water broke hit call button and hubby says think her water broke nurse runs in mind you I am still standing and hunched over. and I tell her I have to push she quickly gets me in bed and checks me and quickly hits the call button and starts listing all she needs. my room was not ready so it became crazy. I was told to push I tried not to but by this point my body had taken over. I ended delivering almost completely on my back. by the way I never did get the epidural. My Dr did not make it in time. I felt really bad and he did also but it goes to show that we are not in control. at 4:37 pm Obadiah Michael was born. I ended up having a D&C done because the membranes never came out so the Doc that delivered Obadiah had to scrap them out. I had a few nurses afterward comment so your the one who decided to go quick. I went from 4 to pushing in about an hr. You know how after they ask you number wise what your pain level is I always told them zero. I got tired of it. I told one nurse I just gave birth the other day without an epidural I can handle the minor dull cramp when I would sometimes nursed. we ended up staying in the hospital until the 14Th because Obadiah's blood sugar had dropped. He had an IV put in the top of his Head so I could nurse.
Me & Obadiah
I hope you have enjoyed my journey and if there is any part that you would like to know more about just let me know and I will share as long as I can remember.

No comments:
Post a Comment